Friday, June 26, 2009

Mad Men, Mad Women and Vintage Fashions



Mad Men, Mad Women and Vintage Fashion
It never takes long once you start to watch an American TV drama series to become hooked… and we have.. on the award-winning Mad Men on SBS Thursday nights. I must admit though I am as fascinated by the props, set design, and most of all the vintage sixties fashions as I am by the storyline and changing social mores of the main characters. Set in Madison Avenue, Manhattan at the fictional chain-smoking sexist advertising agency Sterling Cooper, the show revolves around Don Draper the creative director and everyone that passes in and out of his life.
I adore the dresses the female actors wear throughout the series. I have always loved vintage fashions..(and of course now wish my Mum had kept all of her clothes!). Tonight I am off with a girlfriend who collects antiques to a Vintage Fashion Fair at Davies Park, West End, always fun to fossick amongst the frivolity of the fifties!

No comments:

Post a Comment