Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bath Time



Why does a very early morning bath filled with bubbles, scented oils and one glowing fragrant candle feel soooo decadent and sooooo luxuriously good?! Not sure, but that is exactly what I indulged in early this morning. It's amazing what creative thoughts I seem to have at that hour; what world problems I seem to solve; and what inventions I seem to come up with at that hour, that seem a tad ridiculous in the cold hard light of day hours later ha! It was chilly in Brissie this morning and the steam from the hot bath combined with the wafting candle scents was a heady combination. A dear girlfriend of mine the other asked me what my favourite saying/ piece of wisdom is (as she is collecting them in one of those old fashioned autograph books we all had as kids)and I immediately thought of: 'To Thine Own Self, Be True'... and that was what my bath was all about this morning, being true to the inner girlie inside me and enjoying every solitary moment. I think that is why I love Degas' series of 'bathing' paintings - he somehow captured the intimacy and sheer enjoyment of bathing. I just had to include this pic of one of the funkiest baths I have ever seen - UK clothing designer Selina Blow's bathroom in her UK house, how fab! And the gorgeous painting is by artist Banx, see his blog sometime too, www.artbanx.blogspot.com or his website www.banx.com.au....Mmmmm must almost be time for another soothing bath. There are so many different types of baths: relaxing after a day's work; soothing after a run/exercise; to get clean, romantic with another, or like mine - for pure selfish decadence when no one's awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment