Monday, February 1, 2010

Rainy Days


How wonderful to have heavy rain again in Brisbane! Last night my girlfriends and I were all set to go to Breakfast at Tiffany's at the Moonlight Cinema at New Farm Park, but alas! it BUCKETED down and we had to "make do" with a good bottle of red in a cosy booth at Vespa Pizza cafe instead, a crazy fun night, especially when it came time to leave - we were reminded of that wonderful final Audrey Hepburn scene in the pouring rain when she finds and holds the pussy cat.. Love this poem below about rain, and of course I LOVE this rainy pic that artist Banx took on our trip to Paris last October, looking out our Paris flat window.

The Rain by William Henry Davies
I hear leaves drinking rain;
I hear rich leaves on top
Giving the poor beneath
Drop after drop;
'Tis a sweet noise to hear
These green leaves drinking near.

And when the Sun comes out,
After this Rain shall stop,
A wondrous Light will fill
Each dark, round drop;
I hope the Sun shines bright;
'Twill be a lovely sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment