Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Big Bowl of Happiness!


It really made me smile last Sunday (Mother’s Day!) when I read in the Brisbane Sunday Mail that Queenslanders are officially the “happiest” residents in Australia – all that great sunshine; fantastic beaches close by; enviable standard of living and relaxed lifestyle etc. It was interesting to read how they rated Aussies, and what questions they asked everyone to ascertain this statistic, things like: percentage of people who laugh every day; percentage who give or receive hugs; percentage who watch sunrises and sunsets; percentage who send thank you notes and emails (definitely a lost art!); percentage who swam in the ocean each week….. BUT this one was my favourite:
Percentage of homes in Australia who have ice-cream in the fridge!!! Tehee, and Queenslanders won hands down, or should I say, spoons down!
Gotta dash now, off to buy some chocolate ice-cream – apparently it’s very good for my psychological state of mind!
The best quote I heard recently was when a husband sat down and asked his wife ‘When are you happiest?’ and she replied ‘When my mind and my body are in the same room’… loved that! Being present in the moment and finding joy in the moment..

No comments:

Post a Comment